9/13/14

The Great Purikura Adventure


In my first week of school, I befriended a group of eight girls in my class. We always eat lunch together. One day in my first week at school, they asked me what my favorite Japanese food was, and somehow it came up that I had never been to purikura (Japanese photobooth). Apparently this was surprising to them. The next day at school they suggested that we go take purikura, and then go out for okonomiyaki (my favorite food) after. It was just such a sweet idea, so I kinda have to share the outing. 

They named our group おべナイン (obenine), which basically means the lunchbox nine, because we always eat lunch together. If that´s not cute I don't know what is.

The crew

Since makeup at school is a no-no, we had to occupy the mall´s public restroom to get photo ready. The old ladies didn´t approve.
Selfies selfies selfies. It´s addictive.

Ready for action.

The selfies never stop. Not even before having our pictures taken.


At the restaurant.

They are both masters at the art of looking cute and the art of looking weird. I have so much to learn.

Okonomiyaki and monja are the kind of food you pay to cook yourself. Luckily one of the girls works at an okonomiyaki place and knows how things are done. I was pretty clueless.

Not the most photogenic food, but it´s so delicious let me tell you.


PURIKURA RESULTS
Kissy faces are a classic, I thought the hearts were a nice touch too

"Tori, welcome to Japan!"

Those squiggly lines are our names written in hiragana.

This was probably my favorite picture of the bunch.

"Lunchbox Nine <3"

It was an awesome night. I´m so lucky to have friends that invite me to do things like this. We have already planned so many other things to do together, I heard talk of taking me to go sightseeing around town. I´ll keep you updated on the adventures of the Lunchbox Nine, and all my other adventures in between. I hope there isn´t any doubt that I´m having a great time so far <3




No comments:

Post a Comment