12/23/14

I´m Really Bad At Coming Up With Titles

Not that long since my last post, but you have to take advantage of internet while you have it! Last weekend I met up with Logan in Nagoya. We did some shopping and ended up staying there a lot longer than planned. We got a bit lost too, but thanks to our awesome directional skills we were able to find are way. Being able to navigate such a big city by yourself is such a good feeling.
High boob to this random statue because why not? 



Cosplay purikura because why not?
I swear -i could do this everyday.
We went to this turkish kebab shop, which is a tradition for exchange students in our district. Who are we to break traditions.

I spent the night at Logan´s place because the next day we had our Rotary orientation. It was so nice to have a slumber party again you have no idea, we were up way too late talking about life, death, and everything in between. It was great.

The next day we slept in, and ate breakfast with Logan´s family. We then had time to spare, and started practicing our speeches. We eventually headed over to the hotel where the orientation was going to be heald. It was a long, but fun day. The rotarians arranged for all the exchange students to write a message to each of the exchange students that will be returning to their home countries in January. Everyone wrote their message on a Japanese flag. It was a really great idea. I had the arrest time deciding what to write.

The exchange student crew. I haven´t known these people very long, but I´ve grown quite fond of them. We´re like an actual family I swear to god.

District 2630.

The seniors <3 It was sad that this was their last orientation, but I was able to arrange a Christmas party for us exchange students, so we still have some time left.
After a long break from Kyudo, I decided to start going every day. My teacher told me that if I continue to work hard, I might be able to compete in the upcoming competition. The doujo is super cold, but the art of enduring it is really important in Japanese culture. During the breaks everyone huddles around the stoves, it´s really cozy. I´m definitely making progress! After a week of being back at Kyudo I felt sore in many strange places. It´s not as effortless as it looks!
On Monday we got a new stove. We were a bit more preoccupied with playing with the box than actually practicing. Oops.

This week it really started to snow in Takayama. School was scheduled to end early because of parent teacher meetings, but because of the snowfall the cleaning and after school clubs were also cancelled.  Takayama got about 80cm of snow the day this picture was taken. The next day school was cancelled all together, and the trains stopped running. Some areas outside of central Takayama there were serious power cuts. I´ve never experienced this much snow in my life.
Our balcony. The snow was up to my waist!

On Saturday I went with my host parents to Kanazawa. I did some shopping, specifically for this secret Santa thing us exchange students are doing. We went to this fish market to buy dinner. Kanazawa is know for it´s crabs, and for good reason. It was delish.
The next day we went to Toba city in Mie prefecture. We stopped at this place for a walk. It was the first time in forever seeing the ocean. I´ve always lived close to the seaside, so it´s strange living in a landlocked town like Takayama.





Host mom said; Pose in front of those shells, you look just like Bottecelli´s  Birth of Venus".

My next post will most likely be after Christmas and new years some time. So with this post I´d like to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Our Christmas Tree this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment